21 Savage has explained why he would have turned down the opportunity to work on Kanye West's DONDA

In a recent episode of Akademiks' Off The Record, the Savage Mode artist shared that "Post Malone can do a song with whoever the f*ck he wanna do a song with" but he "wouldn't have wanted to be on 'DONDA' if I'm going to be on 'CLB'. Just me, personally. That's just the type of n***a I am."

The show's co-host pointed out that loyalty is 21's "kryptonite," calling it the "best and worst thing" while Ak questioned whether or not the artist would really turn down Ye if he offered him the collab. 21 Savage responded, "I'm talking about when n****s get smoked behind shit. When it's guns, being shot, real shit. That's why I said the 'DONDA' and 'CLB' shit, I probably was exaggerating a little bit but I f*ck with Drake so hard... I don't know."

21 and Drizzy teamed up for the Certified Lover Boy track "Knife Talk" and have collaborated in the past, previously linking up for the Savage Mode II cut "Mr. Right Now."

Watch the clip from Off The Record below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by DJ Akademiks (@akademiks)

Elsewhere in music, JAY-Z and Kid Cudi teased a new collab on the trailer of The Harder They Fall.

Click here to view full gallery at HYPEBEAST