Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Rich Brian Showcases Acting Abilities in “New Tooth” Music Video

Rich Brian has a new song and music video out now. On “New Tooth,” the Indonesian rapper takes an introspective look at himself and encounters his feelings of self-doubt head-on, dropping bars at a rapid-fire pace.

“My brain always steady, demanding answers,” Brian raps. “I've been feeling like I'm fighting with my thoughts.”

The accompanying music video was directed, scripted, and edited by Brian himself. Citing police movies such as The Raid as his inspiration, the visual pictures the rapper serving as a S.W.A.T. officer and ultimately leaving the field to become a business mogul.

“I really took my time on this song and I think it was worth it," Brian said. “The video was very fun to shoot and edit I feel like I went back to my 2011 filmmaking days.

Following the release of the single and music video, Brian will demonstrate his on-screen abilities once again, making his official acting debut in the upcoming film Jamojaya. Directed by Justin Chon, the music drama follows the fallout between a rising rapper and his father who used to manage his career. Brian recently pitched in five songs for the Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings soundtrack, so it’s possible that he will contribute music for this film’s soundtrack as well. A release date for the movie has yet to be announced.

This Saturday, November 6, Brian will also headline the first night of 88rising’s flagship Head In The Clouds festival.

Watch Rich Brian's "New Tooth" music video now.

In other music news, Rihanna dropped a limited-edition vinyl catalog titled Rih-Issue.

Read more at HYPEBEAST

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires