Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Denis Villeneuve Initially Planned to Film Both 'Dune' Films at the Same Time

Dune director Denis Villeneuve has recently revealed new details surrounding his initial plans for part one and part two of the films. The filmmaker originally wanted to film both films at the same time, despite the fact that the second film has not yet been given the green light.

In a new interview with Variety, he discusses why he pitched the studio to do a two-part adaptation, "I wanted at the beginning to do the two parts simultaneously. For several reasons, it didn't happen, and I agreed to the challenge of making part one and then wait to see if the movie rings enough enthusiasm. As I was doing the first part, I really put all my passion into it, in case it would be the only one. But I'm optimistic."

He continues to discuss what he thinks the second film will be like when filming does startup, "If such a thing as Dune: Part Two happens, I will say that it's going to be an insane playground for me." Clearly excited about embarking on the new project, the director shares, "It's going to be just like pure cinematic pleasure for the second part. I don't want to speak for everybody on the team, but I will say that we really created on this movie a feeling of family and to re-unify everybody again together, that would be paradise."

There is no word on when the second film will go into production. Dune hits theaters on October 22.

In other entertainment news, Marvel Studios has released the official trailer for its upcoming series Hawkeye.

Click here to view full gallery at HYPEBEAST

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires