Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Tyler, the Creator Celebrates 15th Anniversary of Pharrell’s 'In My Mind'

Tyler, the Creator celebrated the 15th anniversary of Pharrell's In My Mind with a photo of his teenage self.

Taking to Twitter to pay homage, the CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST artist initially shared a photo of him as 15-year-old, then retweeted it with the caption, "‘in my mind’ turns 15 today. came out around the time of this photo. was at hawthorne high summer school and man i cant articulate what it means/ did for me." He continued, "i made odd future that summer and set out to be where i am now before 10th grade begun. very important piece of art to me."

Tyler has been very vocal of his adoration for the project, also celebrating its 10th anniversary with a lengthy Instagram post of his vinyl copy of In My Mind. "I WAS OPTIMISTIC, ALWAYS DAYDREAMING AND SETTING GOALS SO I FELT YOU WERE DIRECTLY SPEAKING TO ME. I REMEMBER CLANCY TELLING ME HOW JIMMY IOVINE THOUGHT THIS ALBUM WAS A "COMPLETE F*CKING FAILURE IT DIDNT WORK". BUT SEE, IT DID, JUST NOT ON THE KIDS HE WAS LOOKING AT," he wrote. "BUT IT WORKED ON ME AND I CREATED ODD FUTURE THAT SAME SUMMER. I WAS ACTUALLY NAIVE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE YOU AND THOUGHT I COULD DO ALL THESE AMAZING THINGS IF I REALLY TRIED. WHERE I GREW UP, N****S GET STUCK AND NEVER MAKE IT OUT. JAIL, DEAD, SH*T JOBS, NOT REALLY GROWING. IT SEEMS LIKE AT A CERTAIN AGE, IDEAS; ORIGINAL THOUGHTS ARE NO LONGER A THING; I DIDNT FALL INTO THAT CYCLE. I'M NOW A YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR ALL BECAUSE I BELIEVED YOU WHEN YOU SAID I COULD BE. YOU WERE THE FIRST PERSON I CONTACTED WHEN I PULLED OFF THAT MCLAREN DEALERSHIP! THIS IS GETTING LONG SO UHHH, HBD IMM. I NEVER HAD BROTHERS,UNCLES OR MY FATHER AROUND SO THANK YOU FOR BEING THE MALE FIGURE I GRAVITATED TO. ALLOWING ME TO EMBRACE BEING DIFFERENT AND TRUSTING MY IDEAS."

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Tyler, The Creator (@feliciathegoat)

Elsewhere in music, Tyler, the Creator x Lykke Li lead the week's Best New Tracks.

Click here to view full gallery at HYPEBEAST

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires