Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Lorde Reflects on Getting Older in New Single "Stoned at the Nail Salon"

Lorde has officially released her brand new track "Stoned at the Nail Salon," the latest single from her forthcoming studio album Solar Power.

Clocking in at approximately four-and-a-half minutes, the cut is a 180 from its sunny, feel-good predecessor "Solar Power" and is delivered as an introspective offering built with plucked electric guitars and harmonies. “This song is sort of a rumination on getting older, settling into domesticity, and questioning if you’ve made the right decisions," Lorde said in a statement. "I think lots of people start asking those questions of themselves around my age, and it was super comforting to me writing them down, hoping they’d resonate with others too. I used this song as a dumping ground for so many thoughts...”

The 24-year-old is set to drop Solar Power on August 20 and will be her first full-length effort since 2017's Melodrama“The album is a celebration of the natural world, an attempt at immortalizing the deep, transcendent feelings I have when I’m outdoors," she added. "In times of heartache, grief, deep love, or confusion, I look to the natural world for answers. I’ve learned to breathe out, and tune in. This is what came through.”

Stream Lorde's "Stoned at the Nail Salon" above.

Elsewhere in music, Dame Dash kicked off the auction for his one-third share of Roc-A-Fella despite the lawsuit.

Read more at HYPEBEAST

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires